This granola recipe can be made to your preference. The recipe below is for 5 servings, but this can be increased by combining the granola as a topping for other cereals. The oats with the warmed honey is the base of the granola and you can then choose the additional components. I chose chocolate drops, dried cherries, desiccated coconut, nuts, seeds and dates as I had them at home and enjoy the taste and texture but you could also include sunflower seeds, chia seeds, or other dried fruit alternatives.
- 6 tbsp honey
- 200 g oats
- handful chocolate pieces
- handful desiccated coconut
- handful chopped dates
- handful dried cherries
- 2 handfuls chopped nut and seed mix
- Warm the honey on the stove to make it extra runny
- Heat the oven to 200degrees C
- Spread the oats on baking tray
- Add the additional components you would like in your granola. I added what I had in the cupboard, but you could also add raisins, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds etc
- Pour over the runny honey, mix and spread out on baking tray
- Bake in the oven for 20-30min
63g carbohydrates and 8g protein. The granola can either be added to cereal or had on its own with yogurt and fruit. You can make it your own by using the base of oats and honey and then adding your preferred ingredients on top.