Made in one pan, this beef yakisoba noodles dish is quick and easy to make and can be whipped up in no time for your hungry little one. It’s packed full of healthy vegetables, providing lots of vitamins and minerals.
The contrast between the soft noodles and slightly crunchy vegetables is perfect for introducing a variety of textures to your little one, which is really important for challenging their eating skills.
The combination of sweet and salty is also great for introducing different flavours, which is part of children’s sensory development, and the more exposure to flavours they have, the less picky they will be.
This recipe calls for beef, however, feel free to use any protein of your choice, such as chicken or tofu.
This also makes a great leftovers lunch the next day, so keep refrigerated and reheat fully in the microwave or on the hob.
- 100 g Ramen noodles
- 1 ramen egg
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 40 g pork mince
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1 tbsp 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 500 ml chicken broth
- 1 tsp chilli oil
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1 serving pak choi
- Ramen egg: Boil 6 eggs for 6min and then run under cold water and add ice to cool. In a jar, add 1tbsp soya sauce + 1tbsp mirin + 250ml chicken broth. When cold, peel eggs and add to jar
- Fry mince for 1min then add chinese 5 spice + hoisin sauce
- Boil small pot water and add noodles and pak choi. Boil for recommended time and drain
- Heat 250ml broth, add 1tsp chilli oil + 1tsp tahini.
- Assemble: Pour broth into bowl, add noodles, pork mince + sliced boiled egg and pak choi.